A) Criteria for Bidders/ Subscribers
The bidder/subscriber must be at least 18 years old or above and can provide his/her Hong Kong Identity Card number as well as a valid Hong Kong address.
B) Bidding Method
(1) Each person can bid for more than one serial number.
(2) The banknote set will go to the highest bidder if more than one bid are received. If two or more bids with same amount for a particular number are received, the set will be allocated by a draw to be attended by KPMG.
C) Subscription Method
(1) Each person can subscribe up to four sets (two sets per each category of the charity set).
(2) If there is over subscription for a particular charity set, the set will be allocated by a draw to be attended by KPMG.
D) Application Period
21 September – 23 October 2020 (12:00 noon). Any application received after the deadline will not be accepted. Submission date of mail application will be based on the postmark, while online application will be based on the Chest’s records.
E) Application Procedure
(1) Mail application — Applicable to all New Banknote Charity Collective Sets. Application Form can be downloaded from event website or obtained at the Chest’s office.
(2) Online application — Only applicable to subscription of Excellence Collection - 40-in-1 Uncut HK$50 Banknote Set (HK$16,888). Applicants must submit their applications via the event website, and payment will be charged immediately.
(3) For mail application, the bidders / subscribers should mail the completed Application Form, together with one crossed cheque / banker’s cashier order / original bank-in-slip, including a self-addressed and stamped return envelope, to the Chest Office. (Please mark “New Banknote Charity Collective Sets” on envelope.)
(1) All cheques or cashier orders should be made payable to “The Community Chest of Hong Kong”.
(2) Cheque — must be drawn from a Hong Kong dollar bank account in Hong Kong.
(3) Banker’s cashier order — must be issued by a bank in Hong Kong.
(4) Bank transfer — deposit donation into the Chest’s account at:
Bank of China (Hong Kong) 014-700-0-000111-7
Hang Seng Bank 280-157553-001
Please keep the original bank-in slip, and mail it together with the Application Form to the Chest’s office.
(5) Credit Card — only available for online application. Payment will be charged immediately.
G) Immediate Payment
All cheques or banker’s cashier orders sent with the Application Forms will be presented for payment immediately without prior notice. Please ensure that there is sufficient fund in your account.
H) Void or Cancellation
(1) All bids lower than the minimum bidding price will be void.
(2) Bids or subscription will be cancelled if the cheques or banker’s cashier orders do not comply with the above requirements or are dishonoured upon presentation.
(3) Applications cannot be changed or withdrawn after application.
(4) Only one subscription application is allowed for each subscriber for either email or online application. If more than one Application Form is submitted, the first Application Form will be deemed valid, and other duplicated applications made by the subscribers will be cancelled. (This does not apply to bidding application.)
I) Announcement of Allocation Result
1) The result of bidding / subscription will be announced on the event website on or after 17 November 2020.
2) Formal Notification will be sent to each successful bidder / subscriber according to the notification methods stated on the Application Form, at his / her own risk for postal error if any, after allocation result announcement.
(1) Successful bidders / subscribers should present the “Formal Notification” and his/her Hong Kong Identity Card to collect the “New Banknote Charity Collective Sets” in person during the specified period at the Chest Office. Delivery service is not provided.
(2) Except the bidding sets, all other banknote sets are allocated randomly. Selection or exchange of serial number is not allowed.
(3) All banknote sets should be checked and acknowledged receipt on the spot. Subsequent requests for exchange or return will not be entertained.
(4) Successful bidders / subscribers will receive an official donation receipt issued by The Community Chest of Hong Kong.
(1) Request for refund is not allowed for successful bids or subscriptions.
(2) For unsuccessful bidders / subscribers who paid by cheque / cashier’s order / bank deposit, refund cheques payable to the bidders / subscribers will be sent by ordinary post, using the self-addressed and stamped return envelope enclosed during application, at his / her own risk for postal error if any, before 15 December 2020.
(3) If no self-addressed and stamped return envelope is provided, refund cheques will not be returned.
(4) For unsuccessful bidders / subscribers who paid by credit card, the Chest will refund directly to the credit card account before 15 December 2020.
(5) All refunds are without interest.
In case of any disputes, the decision of The Community Chest of Hong Kong should be final.